Free School Meals
Registering for Free School Meals (FSM)
Existing entitlements still apply for free school meals funding for disadvantaged children in primary schools. This means that school will continue to receive funding for any children eligible for free school meals. Last year we received over £79,000 in pupil premium funding and used this to impact on learning and social development. We hope to receive a similar amount this academic year but need our families to apply for the funding if they are eligible. To find out more about how we spend the funding then please take a look at our website: http://www.claytonvillageprimary.org.uk/parent-information/pupil-premium
In England, state-funded schools are entitled to receive FSM if their parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from NASS (National Asylum Support Service) under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Universal Credit
Please follow the link below so that the school can continue to receive extra funding if your child is entitled to free school meals (FSM).
The school uses this money in a variety of different ways and it plays an important part in ensuring all our children achieve to their full potential. If the school receives this funding for your child then you are also entitled to:
- Vouchers for school uniform
- Free school milk
- Entrance to breakfast club
- Your child may receive additional support in school through our learning mentor, boosters, working with teaching assistants and invitation to clubs
We ask that ALL PARENTS/CARERS visit:
This is important so that we can continue to register pupils who attract pupil premium, which is worth £1,345 a year per pupil for our school. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity for your child to enjoy a healthy, balanced and nutritious meal every day.